I’m going through a bit of a Self Love Phase at the moment (check out my article next week called Why Self Love Should be Your #1 Priority in your Coaching Business). I’m learning, exploring and finding what’s true for me on this topic. I love that I can share a bit of my journey and experimentation with you and I hope that you gain some expansion in the sharing. 🙂
Deluded by Affirmations and Positive Thinking
I always thought that I had a high self love. I seemed confident to people and I thought with affirmations and positive thinking… BOOM…I love myself 100%. Easy… Right?!
I’ve recently measured my self love for each decade of my life and I was SHOCKED by the results. According to my measurements I’ve spent most of my life with very low self love. I only recently made it over 50%.
Can you measure self love?
I love systems and data so I really wanted to be able to measure and track my self love journey over time. If possible, I wanted to know what my self love was at earlier stages in my life. So I reached out to a few people to see who could help me.
My dear friend, Paula Mack, who is an amazing Practitioner of the Emotion Code and the Body Code, suggested I try Muscle Testing and taught me how to do it.
I was so thrilled with the tool and with the new understanding it gave me on my self love journey that I asked Paula if she would record a demonstration of the Muscle Testing technique with me. In the video you can see how simple and easy it is and you might even be inspired to play with it too!
Muscle Testing - Tapping Into Your Unconscious
Muscle testing is the body’s way of tuning into the subconscious mind. The unconscious mind holds everything that’s ever happened to you – beliefs, traumas, etc.
Your unconscious mind is driving the show behind the scenes. It knows A LOT so it’s handy to have tools like Muscle Testing to tune in to YOUR truth.
How to Do the Sway Test to Measure Self Love
Tips: Make sure you are well hydrated. Center yourself by taking a few slow deep breaths.
- Stand up straight with your feet on flat ground.
- Test your “Yes” by saying “Yes” over and over until you feel your body pull forward.
- Test your “No” by saying “No” over and over until you feel your body lean backwards.
- Test that your “Yes” and “No” are working by asking a few simple questions such as, “My name is ” and “my name is ”.
- Then explore your self love. You can say, “I’d like to know how much I love myself today. Do I love myself more than 50% out of 100%?” Feel into the answer. Are you called to lean forward or backward? Watch the video for how to settle on your number. You’ll see that it’s not always really clear
Remember this is a way to tune into the unconscious and at least have some soft data to play with when you are exploring self love for yourself or with your coaching clients.