A key to creating service products is learning how to repurpose content you already have for your business. If it was successful in one form it should be successful in an elevated version. I created a 12 step repurposing path for services that have been helpful to my business and for my clients.
The steps are as follows:
- Topic – First, choose a topic that you want to cover for your current and future clients. Make sure that it can be expanded and it can generate interest.
- Livestream – Next, you will do a Livestream. Videos are good but Livestreams are better for creating interest and FOMO for your coaching product. Share 3 tips that will leave the people wanting more.
- Transcribe – Next, you transcribe the Livestream. This transcription can be used for so many things such as captions and blog posts
- Book – Next, you can create a book from the transcription. The book can be published spotlighting you as a subject matter expert in your particular field of coaching.
- Chapter Videos – Next, you can create videos on each chapter of the book so you can discuss each piece in detail. You will upload these videos to your YouTube as Unlisted or to your Vimeo account for further use.
- Handouts – Next, you can create handouts to go with your videos. These handouts can be used on their own as opt-ins for your email lists or they can be used with the videos for future product developments.
- Create a Course – Next, you can take the chapter videos and handouts you created earlier and create a course. You can use platforms like Thinkific, Teachable, Kajabi, Podio, and more to create your course and market it to sell to your audience.
- Create a Webinar – Next, you can create a webinar to use as clickbait for your future products. In the 30-90min webinar, you can talk about one of the topics covered in the workshop or coaching program to come. You can get registrations for future events or sell current products.
- Create a Workshop – Next, you can create a 1-4 hour workshop and host it live or virtually. You can go through the information in more detail than you would in a webinar but not as much as you would in a coaching program.
- Create a Group – Next, create a group on Facebook where your audience can network and collaborate with you and each other about the information you put out in your book, course, webinar, or workshop.
- Create a Group Coaching program – Next, you can create a Group Coaching program. This way you can stretch out the material over 6 to 8 weeks with a group of clients that will use the information in different ways.
- Create a 1 on 1/ VIP Coaching program – Finally, you can create a VIP Coaching program as an extension of your Group Coaching program. This is for the people that want the content tailored to their business or want to move to the next level in their coaching experience.
I hope this path will help you on your journey to product creation. Keep in mind that some of them can be created in a different order but they build upon each other.
I would love to hear how you use the path to create your next product for your coaching business and if it made the process easier for you. Leave a comment below!