This article contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Last month I wrote two articles about why coaches need a website and why you should use WordPress on your website. If you haven’t read those yet, make sure you read those first before proceeding to read this one.
Now that you are ready to build your coaching website, how do you actually get your website on the world wide web? You will need a domain and hosting, so I want to share my favorite hosting company with you today.
But, first let me explain a couple of things…
A website simply put, is a set of html, css, and other coding languages files that are housed, or hosted, on a server and shown as webpages on the internet.
A domain is the address that is used to access those files on the world wide web (i.e. the URL for your website, such as https://thecoachguardian.com). To learn more about domains, read this article.
What exactly is website hosting?
Website hosting is a service that allows you to post your website on the internet. The website hosting provider has servers that store your website files and the technology that will make your website viewable on the internet.
To learn more about website hosting in detail, you should read this article.
Now that we have gone over the basics of website hosting and domains, I want to share what I believe to be the best option for website hosting and domain purchasing.
My top pick for hosting:
Siteground is a website hosting company that I use personally and that I use for all of my clients. I love them so much that I became an affiliate!
A little background on SiteGround:
SiteGround is a worldwide web hosting and technological company. It was founded in 2004 in Bulgaria, and today they power over 2 million websites in multiple data centers around the world.
And this is why I love them!
- Better Performance. Siteground has an impeccable record of website uptime (this means that your website is always up and running on the web). I have housed mine and many of clients’ websites with them for the last 5 years and none of them have ever been down or had any hosting issues.
- Friendly and knowledgeable support. The support department at Siteground is always quick to reply to any and everything. They have support available 24/7 and their tech staff is incredibly knowledgeable, professional and kind.
- Their prices are fair. Siteground can seem more pricey than other hosting companies, but as with anything to do with your website, you truly get what you pay for. The support, uptimes and ease of use make the price well worth it. And Siteground has a discounted rate that you can purchase for up to 3 years (go for the 3 years, it’s definitely worth it!)
- So many locations. No matter where you live, there is a Siteground server location nearby that improves the speed of your website. This is important for your website’s rating on Google and for your customers’ ease of use.
- Tutorials for EVERYTHING. Siteground is incredibly easy to use and has detailed step-by-step tutorials for everything.
- Domain Purchases. It is possible to purchase your domain name with Siteground, which keeps all your domain/hosting in one place.
Siteground is a great option for your website hosting and domain needs, but there are countless other hosting companies. It is extremely important to do your own research. Make sure to read reviews and you may even contact the hosting company to enquire about their offers. This also lets you observe their response time.
Once you have purchased hosting and your domain name, you are officially ready to start building your website!
Make sure to subscribe to The Coach Guardian so you don’t miss it!